The New Opportunity School for Women (NOSW) Scholarship funds are available to graduates from the Berea NOSW two-week residential program. Scholarships are intended to assist NOSW graduates who are furthering their education with the goal of becoming employed, and funds may be used to help pay for tuition, books, health insurance, childcare, and travel to the educational institution.
Your NOSW scholarship application must include:
- An official copy of your class schedule, with the exception of the initial application;
- An official copy of your transcript;
- Proof of continued enrollment may be requested after the semester begins.
You must re-apply for scholarship funds each semester if you have a need for on-going assistance and include proof of registration that includes your past semester’s grades. Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee of funds being available each semester and a scholarship may or may not be awarded.
Scholarships are funded entirely by donations and may fluctuate from semester to semester. Education scholarship checks will be mailed to recipients during the first week of the semester for which they are awarded after the NOSW graduate has begun classes. For example, if classes for the fall semester begin the last week of August, the scholarship check will be mailed the last week of August after classes have begun. Should you withdraw from classes after receiving a scholarship for the semester, and/or receive repeated failing grades:
- A good faith effort must be made to return scholarship funds received from the NOSW for that
- Going forward, scholarship funds may not be awarded until you have successfully completed at least one semester.
If you have any questions, please phone the New Opportunity School at (859) 985-7200.